We use Instagram – have a looksee.
We’ll be open at our farm from 10am-6pm Saturday and 12pm-4pm Sunday. Mark your calendars for the annual fall Hudson Valley Yarn Crawl. Eighteen local farms and yarns shops throughout the Hudson Valley will be opening their doors to yarn and fiber enthusiasts the weekend of November 17th and 18th. A detailed map of participants can be found here: http://www.hudsonvalleyyarns.com/yarn_crawl.html
Our goal is to connect local fiber users with local fiber producers, meet some new friends and have a great time. Folks stopping by the farm will get a chance to see the sheep and goats plus the mill where all the processing takes place. We’ll be happy to explain all the in’s and out’s of what it takes to make that fine wool or kid mohair fleece into roving, yarn – – or even socks!
Check back for updates as the date approaches! Looking forward to seeing everyone –
SPECIAL THANKS TO KIRK and ARLENE for ALL THE ORGANIZING!
NOVEMBER 17TH & 18TH
Participating shops and farms
- Blackberry Hill Farm, Hudson, 10-4 Saturday and Sunday
- Buckwheat Bridge Angoras, Elizaville, Saturday 10-6, Sunday 12-4
- Clay, Wood & Cotton, Beacon 11-6:30 Saturday and Sunday
- Cornwall Yarn Shop, Cornwall, Saturday 11-3 and Sunday 9-1
- Countrywool, Hudson Saturday 10-2, Sunday 12-4
- Fabulous Yarn, Tivoli 10-7pm Saturday and Sunday
- Hudson Valley Sheep & Wool Co., Red Hook 10-4 Saturday and Sunday
- Midnight Merinos Wool Loft, Saturday 10-6 and Sunday 12-4
- Out of the Loop, Hopewell Junction, Saturday 10-6, Sunday12-4
- The Perfect Blend Yarn & Tea Shop, Saugerties, Saturday 10-6 Sunday 12-5
- Pinewoods Farm Wool Shop, Saugerties, Saturday 10-6 and Sunday 12-4
- Scarecrow Farm, Hollowville, Saturday 10-6 and Sunday 12-4
- So Many Roads Boutique, Saugerties, Saturday and Sunday 11-6
- Spruce Ridge Farm, Old Chatham, Saturday and Sunday 10-4
- The Knitting Garage at Stickles, Rhinebeck, Saturday 10-6 and Sunday 12-4
- The Warm Ewe, Chatham, Saturday 10-5 – Sunday Closed
- Year Round Yarn, Valatie, Saturday 11-4 and Sunday 12-3
- White Barn Farm Sheep and Wool, Saturday 10-6 and Sunday 12-5
Everybody’s lining up to see the new article about Buckwheat Bridge Angoras by Moo Dog Knits.
We met the folks from Moo Dog at a fiber festival last fall. Photographer Anders visited with us earlier this year. The result is a 3 part series about the farm. Check back from time to time for the next installment !
Kids started arriving on Feb 17th – more pictures coming soon!